IT is essential to delivering today’s business. However, concerns are increasingly being raised about IT services, internal and outsourced, not aligning with the needs of businesses and customers.
A recognized solution to this problem is to use an IT Service Management System (ITSMS) based on ISO 20000 – Information Technology – Service management, the international standard for IT service management. Certification to this standard enables you to independently demonstrate to your customers that you meet best practice.
ISO 20000 – Information Technology – Service management standard is based on and replaces BS 15000, the internationally recognized British Standard, published by ISO. The standard ISO 20000 – Information Technology – Service management (Part l) was published firstly in 2005 and revision of this standard was published in June 2011 (hence ISO 20000:2011).
Southwest, with it’s vast experienced auditors, provides ISO 20000 – Information Technology – Service management Certification services to assure the implemented service management system is aligned with the requirements demonstrated by ISO 20000 – information technology standard, and to assure the continual improvement process of a Organization (service provider). ISO 20000 – Information Technology – Service management and its certification can be beneficial for
- an organization seeking services from service providers and requiring assurance that their service requirements will be fulfilled;
- an organization that requires a consistent approach by all its service providers, including those in a supply chain;
- a service provider that intends to demonstrate its capability for the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services that fulfill service requirements;
- a service provider to monitor, measure and review its service management processes and services;
- a service provider to improve the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services through the effective implementation and operation of the SMS;
- an assessor or auditor as the criteria for a conformity assessment of a service provider’s SMS to the requirements in ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011.
The Standard Series ISO/IEC 20000 is sub divided into five parts included
- 20000-1 Requirements
- 20000-2 Guidance on the application of service management systems
- 20000-3 Service providers
- 20000-4 Process assessment model
- 20000-5 Exemplar implementation plan
having separate functionalities. ISO 20000 – Information Technology – Service management demonstrates the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services that fulfill service requirements and provide value for both the customer and the service provider. This part of ISO/IEC 20000 requires an integrated process approach when the service provider plans, establishes, implements, operates, monitors, reviews, maintains and improves a service management system (SMS).”